WHAT YOU NEED TO GET ON THE TRACK
What equipment do you need to get on the track?
There are race specific bikes but to start all you need is any BMX bike - generally they will have 20 inch or 24 inch wheels
Before racing on the track
- Remove any mudguards, chain guards, kick-stand, pegs and reflectors, for the safety of yourself and other riders.
- Ensure that there are no sharp edges on your handlebars (i.e. No torn grips with exposed metal) or pedals and you need a rear hand brake.
- Officials will check your bike for you and help with any minor adjustments.
What do you need to wear?
BMX tracks are designed for fast paced racing - at some point a crash is going to happen.
There are race specific clothing, padding and protection that should be considered but the minimum requirements are:
- Long Pants or Track Pants that are fitted at the ankle are acceptable
- Long Sleeve Top or Race Jersey that is fitted at the wrist
- Gloves that have complete hand and finger coverage
- Full Face Helmet that covers the ears (Some clubs have loan helmets available)
- Fully enclosed shoes